Basic Juice Independent Wine Reviews
How We Review Wine
We evaluate wine against five criteria:
- Appearance - a wine's appearance can tell you a lot. Good quality wines are generally clear, and without discoloration.
- Aroma/"The Nose" - With nose in glass, we can begin to evaluate a wine's condition, unique scents, aromas and complexity.
- Taste/Complexity - Holding the wine in mouth and drawing in air (we call it slurping) helps us identify various flavors in the wine. We can also assess a wine's 'balance,' which is the interplay of body/weight, alcohol, acidity and tannin.
- Food Friendliness - A food friendly wine can make a meal fantastic. On the other hand some wines can completely clobber your tastebuds. The ideal wine is one that works with dinner and is also pleasant all by itself.
- Value - There is so much wine available nowadays that wine consumers have the right to expect good wine at a fair price. Yes, we all splurge sometimes (see our splurge recommendations), but there is no reason to empty your wallet everytime you want a good bottle of wine.
Submitting Samples for Review
Basic Juice accepts samples for its independent reviews
- Please submit two 750ml bottles (or two 375ml bottles for dessert wines, fortified wines, etc.) of each wine with its suggested retail price
- Contact us for shipping information.
Who Reads these Reviews?
Basicjuice.com and the Basic Juice Blog attract approximately 1,000 visitors per day. Many visitors reach Basic Juice through Web searches - looking for a specific wine or type of wine. By submmitting your wine to Basic Juice Reviews, you are ensuring thousands of wine consumers will be reading about it.